Montana Innocence Project believes it is essential to address particular cases of injustice, but we also think it’s critical to improve the institutions and policies that repeatedly allow wrongful convictions to happen. Without both efforts, innocent Montanans already failed by the system will continue to endure unjust incarceration while future cases of wrongful conviction wait in the wings. Thus, we work to prevent wrongful convictions through education and policy reform advocacy.
- Montana Barrister: A Passion for Justice
- Richard Raugust Exonerated
Wins for MTIP!
- MTIP files Amici Brief in State v. Eskew, Montana Supreme Court reverses conviction
- Conviction vacated in Cody Marble rape case
- Judge orders new trial in 2001 Great Falls homicide
- Richard Raugust is MTIP's First Exoneree
- Supreme Court Ruling Gives Second Chance to Cody Marble
- Montana Court Orders Reconsideration of Shaken-Baby Case